Migrants. Analysis of media discourse on migrants in Poland, the United Kingdom, Ukraine, Albania and the Czech Republic (MAD).
Analysis of Media discourse on migrants in Poland, Great Britain, Ukraine, Albania and Czech Republic.
The aim of the project is to compare media discourses on migrants in 5 countries: Poland, Great Britain, Ukraine, the Czech Republic and Albania.
As part of the project, the study will be carried out in each country:
(1) the process of monitoring and analysis of media content (tv, press, internet) – searching for content that relate to migration and migrants. This will allow us to describe (qualitative and quantitative) the specificity of discourse in individual countries. In the study, we will use the perspective of Critical Discourse Analysis:
(2) preparation of a qualitative study (FGI), analysis of results. The purpose of this study is to describe how selected social groups read media messages:
The effects of the research will be collected in the book we are planning to release for 2020. In May 2020, a scientific conference in Warsaw will take place, summarizing the results of the project and in September 2020 a conference in Prishtina for non-governmental organizations and people involved in working with migrants on a daily basis.
Collegium Civitas, Poland
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), United Kingdom
Masaryk University, Czech Republic
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
University of Tirana, Albania
Kosovo Center of Diplomacy (KCD
The project is financed by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange
NAWA is a new institution that was established on October 1st, 2017. It is set up to coordinate state activities driving the process of internationalization of Polish academic and research institutions. The mission of NAWA is to foster the development of Poland in the area of science and higher education.
- Support international mobility of students, academics and researchers
- Support the process of internationalization of Polish HEIs and research institutions
- Promote Polish science and higher education
- Promote and popularize teaching of the Polish language